Saturday, January 8, 2011

2011: Resolutions and Intentions

My major resolutions are simple.
Floss.
Wear Sunscreen.
Use KCRW Fringe Benefits Card.


However, the new year has put me into an introspective mood that is pushing me to focus on what I want to get out of the next year. If I don't make goals I'll never achieve them.


Turn this blog into something important
I want to work towards making this a blog that is read by people I don't know. I want to turn it more into a fashion as well as food blog, I'm not exactly sure where I want it to go or what I want it to be, so I have to decide on that.


Find a creative outlet
Lately I have been thinking more about playing an instrument or painting, or knitting or something. After having cosplay as such a convenient outlet for such a long time I'm feeling a severe lack of an outlet. Perhaps this blog will turn into that outlet, or perhaps I will have to learn to play the glockenspiel.


Make Fitness a Priority
I need to get back into shape. I want to be strong and fit like I was before. Eron and I are resolved to start hiking more, at least once every other week, and we want to get into better shape and able to go on harder and harder hikes. I want to make fitness a big happy part of my life. Since Christmas I have really started to work out which has made me feel really good. I am scheduling working out and not letting myself bail.


Develop Love
There are many people that I want to become closer to, and I need to make that happen and reach out and plan outings and work on making my friendships stronger. Keep negativity and drama out of my life and encourage positive thoughts and positive friends.


Take a trip
I want to go somewhere I've never been before, and I want to go back to New York and see my friends. I miss them so much.


Bake more
After mastering pie crust this year, I want to continue to learn to bake more and more complex items. I want to be able to make delicious things for people to eat to make them happy.




I'm sure I'm missing things, and I have many work related resolutions that I won't post here, but I think that 2010 has had many ups and severe downs, but has put me in a really good place to start out 2011 with positivity and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment